Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Picture Me in Autumn Colors

Guess what? I'm going to be a bridesmaid! Hooray! That crazy baseball-loving, Civil War buffs couple asked me to be in the wedding. What fun!

This will be my first time being a bridesmaid. I'd appreciate any advice on to what exactly my bridesmaid-ly duties will be. For now, we've already started talking about what decisions should be made on having a bridal shower. Here's where all my event planning experience will come in handy! Actually, two of us bridesmaids are professional fundraisers, so I think it's our duty to make sure the happy couple ends up *very* well situated. :-)

And the bride-to-be, after having heard me rant all week about how I hate having to buy a new fancy outfit for our Gala, has promised me that the dresses will be in a nice color. (She's a regular reader, too, so I'll make sure I don't ever write anything *too* embarrassing.... ;-) The wedding is next September, so everyone cross your fingers that I end up in a good dark chocolate or deep red or orange color. You know, the fall foliage palette. I did have my colors done once, and it turns out I'm an Autumn, so this could work out well!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh, I have *lots* of experience being a bridesmaid, just ask me anything you want to know!

Onyah said...

This most recent wedding was my fifth time being a bridesmaid - we can yak bride-y over sushi tonight!

Washington Cube said...

Every time I was supposed to be a bridesmaid, the girl got pregnant and had to push the marriage forward. I know NOTHING about this.

Anonymous said...

I'm cracking up at what Cube wrote. I just had my first bridesmaid experience, and all I'm going to say is to prepare for a lot of girlyness!

Stef said...

Mandy: Yes, I remember your "Bridesmaid Summer" quite well. Have you ever worn those dresses again???

Onyah: I can't wait to hear stories!

Cube: This cracks me up. I would imagine there are even better stories to tell this way. Scandal always sells! :-)

Sweet: Yes, I'm preparing myself for the girliest year of my life. That is, until I actually get married myself!!!!

Mandy said...

Those dresses actually made their way to a women's shelter, since there was no way I would ever wear them again, and I thought they might be nice for some girl to wear to prom. (Besides, closet space is at a premium for me!)