Sunday, September 10, 2006

Adams Morgan Day

Since summer has decided to stick around for a while, today was the perfect day for another festival! Onyah, AS and I gladly spent the day right here in the hood.

We started with brunch at Meze, watching folks fire up the grills and set up tents all up and down 18th St. Then we made our way up and down both sides of the festival, checking out some of the fabulous and talented artists set up on Belmont, running into some people we knew, drinking some lemonade and smoothies, and even having a face-to-face conversation with the non-entrenched mayoral candidate, Marie Johns. (Verdict: We liked her, a lot.)After 2 hours, we were tired, sweaty, and ready to say goodbye to the crowds, but overall we had a great time celebrating the neighborhood!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I so wanted to go! And I love Mezze. Jealous.

Mandy said...

I also wanted to go...instead, I was sitting in my office a mile or two away, wishing I could be there!

Anonymous said...

B and I started out for the fest, but ended up driving around the city looking at open houses. I need 800K to buy the perfect condo. Anyone want to chip in?

rania said...

i'm so glad you made it over stef! please come visit me again at crafty bastards on oct. 1!