Friday, September 08, 2006

What's In a Name?

Here's another post that's going to clue you guys in as to why I'm still so hopelessly single... the truth is, I'm a dreamy romantic at heart who still believes in the fantasy. Just in general, you know, not really any particular fantasy. (That's subject matter for an entirely different kind of post.)

So, anyway, my story...

There is a certain name that always gives me a little thrill. The dreamy romantic in me believes that it just might be the name of my, dare I say it, "soul mate." (Laugh if you must.) Why?

Well, a long time ago, I had a series of dreams in which that name featured prominently. For several nights in a row, I dreamt of falling in love. The circumstances in each dream changed, the "how we met" story changed, even the type of guy kept changing in each dream. But one thing stayed the same - the man's name.

Each morning I would wake up with that name on my mind, and it's stuck with me. Maybe it means nothing, maybe I'm silly to hold onto it, but I still have a tiny little hope that one day I'll meet a man with that name and suddenly - Pow! - my world will change, the trumpets will sound, the angels will sing, you know...the whole package.

Well, today, I had a meeting with a guy by that name. I'd met him a few months before in a somewhat interesting circumstance, and while no little bells or whistles went off my silly heart did sort of go wooooosh just at being introduced and learning his name. Nothing ever came of it, but today we reconnected working on a project and it sounds like we'll probably be talking again. I still don't think anything's going to happen there, but I admit that before the meeting I still had a tiny little woooosh of anticipation. Just because of his name.

Am I crazy for still hoping for the fairy tale?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No! It doesn't have to be an unrealistic fairy tale, just something that ends with OnceUponATime and ends with HappilyEverAfter.

And it will. Hope on!

Stef said...

Thanks, Barmaid! I'm going to hold on to hope as long as possible. :-)