Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bang! I'm Blonde!

Yikes! My hair is now the lightest it has ever been in my entire life. I'm not actually blonde, but yowza I have some really light highlights all around my face. This is gonna take some getting used to -- hopefully time and a few days of shampooing will tone things down a bit.

So, obviously, I just had my first appointment at Bang. I liked it. The location can't be beat - a mere 5 minute walk from home. The place was filled with "urban hipster" types - both the staff and the clientele, and it had a fun, young energy.

I really liked my stylist. She was not too chatty, and she listened to what I wanted and pretty much did it. She had gorgeous thick, dark hair herself, so I thought she would know what I was going or as far as my highlights -- just a little "kick" and an updating from my overly grown out highlights from last year. Well, she decided to do a bit more on the color, cuz my hair is very fine and she wanted to give more of the impression of movement and shape using color. So she went lighter than we had discussed. I understand what she was going for, and theoretically it looks great. But, wow, I am so not used to this bright a color around my face. I'm not sure how it really works with my coloring. You can definitely still see that I'm a natural brunette, but all of the hair framing my face is really bright. Yowza. Ask me tomorrow how I'm feeling about this after I get people's reactions.

But, I will say, the cut she gave me is PERFECT. It may be the best-shaped cut I've gotten in years, maybe ever. And the price was right - it was $130 for the cut and full highlights, which is exactly what I've paid at Bubbles for the last year for the same thing. So, I'm really happy about the haircut itself, and I'm sure I'll get used to the color soon.... I'm just afraid I may be blinding in direct sunlight!

6 comments:

Law-Rah said...

Can't wait for the happy hour! A blone Stef and an orange-eye-browed Miss M...gonna be great pictures!

Law-Rah said...

I meant "blonde" because I am not really sure what "blone" means.

Sharkbait said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

I am excited to see this! I am glad you like the cut. That's so important

Washington Cube said...

It sounds pretty, Stef. You got off cheaply as far as highlights/cut go, and it sounds like you are pleased with the outcome. Salons will nail you with $$$ when it comes to a full set of highlights. Sometimes a change in haircolor can mean other changes you haven't thought of like makeup and clothing. It all ties in. :)

Brunette said...

So glad you liked Bang!

A good cut is crucial; it's great that you're so happy with that aspect of the service. If, after several more days, you decide you aren't feeling the blonde, it'll be a lot easier to adjust your color than the cut. Can't wait to see it tomorrow!

vixen said...

excellent! embrace the blonde!

bang is where i'm going to hopefully start my next hairdressing relationship (my last one ended on a rough note and i've been skittish to start a new one). this just makes me all the more excited to try them out.

hopefully i'll be able to see the new hair in person tonight!