My fall tv season started tonight! Hooray for my favorite curmudgeon. I just watched the season premiere of House M.D. and I still love the prickly misanthropic genius doctor. I have never seen Hugh Laurie in anything else (I know, how can I call myself a fan??) but his performance in this show combined with his hilarious awards show appearances make me seriously consider adding him to my laminated list.
I just barely made it home in time to watch the show after a great, much-needed happy hour with Scotte, Dancer In DC, and Jane Austen. (Yes, that is to be your nickname.) It was one of those really escapist evenings, where we talked a wee bit about work but then really just waxed poetic about movies, tv, and the books we're reading obsessively. Let's just say that *one* of us has gotten very into creatures of the night lately!
One of the funniest parts of the evening was that at this particular bar we chose for the evening, we happened to be seated next to a total testosterone-fest. About 20 butch straight guys were all hunkered down at the next table making all their fantasy football picks. It was so funny to watch and listen! Guys trash talking about their favorite players, making their choices before someone yelled "Time!" and the accountant-looking guy entering everything into his laptop. Hilarious! And they were kinda cute.
But, indicative of my life, I was having much more fun talking about pop culture at our table of gays and girls than I ever would have with a bunch of straight sporto guys. Oh well, that's probably why I am where I am!
Either way, it's a pretty darn perfect night!!! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I am now watching that new show "Standoff" with hottie-tottie Ron Livingston. And holy cow, that was Luke Duke as a guest star! Tom Wopat actually still looks good....
Ha! It's totally that time of year: Fantasy Football Draft. A bunch of guys at work commandeered one of the conference rooms for their draft tonight.
Sounds like you had the best company in the place!
I just wanted to say that there's nothing wrong with a little chaste vampire erotica.
And if you love Hugh Laurie you have to see 'Blackadder'.
--Jane
Yay, Jane comments! :-)
I know, I need to see Black Adder and I want to watch the Jeeves & Wooster series too.
Damn. Sorry I missed the happy hour. This weather is doing a numbero n my sinuses.
Post a Comment