
Mandy's back from Yemen! It's only for 2 weeks, but hooray for having her back in the States where she can, you know, wear jeans and drink alcohol and be girly. And, key to this story.... cook in her own kitchen!
I made the long trip up the red line to Rockville after a very long day at work - wow, people look so depressed and exhausted on the Friday night commute! - and met Mandy and Mr. and Mrs. L for dinner. Mandy was so excited to be able to cook that she invited us all over for a truly fantastic dinner. She made roasted chicken, sauteed spinach, homemade mac & cheese. All delightfully tasty. It was so great to catch up with her, to see her seashells from the beaches in Yemen and her own personal artwork souvenirs, and to give her lots of hugs. Here, in America!
As to be expected, there was also much wine consumed. I love being the only regular white drinker in the group... that riesling is all for me! :-)
After dinner and lots of talking, jet lag started to get the better of Mandy so the L's and I let her play Sleeping Beauty and we went back to their house up in Gaithersburg. Oh, no, sorry... I learned today that it's actually in North Potomac. Ooooh, fancy! I spent the night and had a much better experience this time with the Aerobed. Wow, what a difference a warm room makes!
Today, Mr. L and I had fun watching "Sneakers" again while the Missus was working. That movie is still really fun, even more than 10 years later. Once we were all 3 together again, we headed to the Rio mall/complex for a tasty Mexican lunch and some shopping. I *love* that I have so many good friends who will take me to Target whenever I need it! I did pick up some Crest White Strips, so I'll report back soon on how that goes.
The last stop of the day was definitely my favorite. The Fine Wine store had a sign out front that said "free wine tasting" - so, really, it was a moral imperative. We went in, tasted a Spanish white and a red, and had a good time talking about one of our favorite hobbies. We want to plan another winery day sometime soon, and this really put us in the mood. I can't wait to spend another year indulging in lazy days of bread, cheese, wine and good friends. Bring it on!




3 comments:
That is a frightening picture of me - next time remind me to...well, to not look like that. Ah well - can I blame *that* on jetlag, too? It was GREAT to see you, thanks for making the trek!
I am so glad you had a fun weekend!!! You are so cute in that picture, I love it!
We need to get together. Seriously.
OMG. I had the leftover mac and cheese for dinner last night. It left me delirious! I'm so glad Cooking Roommate is back!
Post a Comment