Can you smell that in the air? Can you sense the anticipation? Can you feel it? Here it comes..... Olympic fever!!!
The Turino Games will commence with Opening Ceremonies tomorrow night. Unfortunately, I'll be out with a gaggle of friends and will miss it live, but I'm sure I'll catch it on replay on several newscasts. And then NBC's coverage of the Games begins on Saturday, with the biathlon, freestyle skiing, the Nordic combined, and speed skating. I can't wait!
I'm not much of a sports chick normally - I may watch a few baseball games on tv during the summer and I tend to watch the Super Bowl, but that's about it. Except for every 4 - now 2 - years, when I become GLUED to the set for Olympic coverage. It's an addiction! I find myself learning all of the intricacies of totally random sports...I remember spending a whole afternoon watching the white water rafting one year....and getting all wrapped up in the drama of the games. Who can resist the much-hyped meeting of the tiny little figure skating giants, Michelle Kwan and Sasha Cohen? Am I the only one who finds myself tearing up at the Tesh-esque athlete profiles that show them struggling through adversity to become champions? Or who becomes irate at the latest judging scandals? Ready for some honest-to-goodness national pride as we watch Team USA go for the gold?
It looks like Germany is the team to beat. In 2002, they earned a total of 36 medals to our 34, with Norway in 3rd place at 25. We can take 'em, right? Let the Games begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Stef? Listen to you. Laughing. SOMEONE has the fevah.
webcowgirl: Figure skating is by far my fave of the winter games, just like gymnastics closely followed by swimming/diving are my summer favorites. But, like I said, I'll pretty much watch any of it! And while I agree on the too-much-package of the male figure skaters, I admit that a large factor in my decision to watch male gymnasts is their glorious arms.... :-)
Cube: I know, I'm definitely coming down with the fevah. And they haven't even started yet!
I've got the fever too! (Amazing how we keep posting about the same topics. I think we do share the same brain.)
http://dancerindc.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment