Okay, I totally had a case of the Mondays today. A really bad case of the Mondays, like where I wanted to gut a fish at my desk. Several days of running myself ragged with work and social events + congested sinuses + not enough sleep + a bad hair day + a backache + all the usual little annoying frustrations of a day = a very unhappy and not so warm and fuzzy Stefanie.
I hate finding out the darker elements of my personality, or getting them reconfirmed. But, as today showed me again:
a) I have a jealous streak.
b) I hold grudges.
c) Sometimes I just need a day where I'm a little bit of a bitch.
Come on, admit it, you have those days too, right? The ones where normally you'd sail through them without batting an eye, but for some reason the usual stuff just grates on your very last nerve... and you just don't feel like dealing with people's shit.
Now, if I had just come home straight after work I probably would have continued to stew and gone to bed in a bad mood. But luckily I had a meeting tonight for my volunteer gig, and it was a much-needed escape. I had a good time and it put me in a much better mood. It's for this reason that I strongly recommend extracurricular activities.... not only can you do good things, but it also gives you the opportunity to focus on something totally different than your own daily drag.
And, of course, coming home to a warm, fuzzy pet who's just so happy to see you helps, too. There's a reason why people with pets live longer - they help take your mind off things and forget that you were willfully exploiting your bad mood all day. Who can resist a cute little fuzzy rolling around on their back just begging to be cuddled? :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Having an oiled Paco the Cabana Boy waiting for you, wearing a sarong and bearing fruity drinks with tiny paper umbrellas helps too. :D
Forget about Calgon..... Paco, take me away!
Post a Comment