Monday, February 20, 2006

Take It Easy....


I've been really busy the last few weeks. Between work commitments, which included two 12 1/2 hour days in a row with special events, plus a 1/2-day today on a holiday, and all of my fun but exhausting social plans, I have realized that I've really been running myself ragged of late. Last week's really bad mood and this weekend's sore throat are just 2 manifestations of such.

Even though one of my New Year's resolutions was to stay in a lot more often, I've gone back to having myself scheduled for 4-5 nights a week, and then passing out and sleeping all weekend. And not from alcohol....


I'm recommitting to a "take it easy" plan. Here and now, I'm declaring Tuesday nights at the very least my at-home nights. (Especially once The Amazing Race starts up again next week!) I'd like to stay home on Monday nights, too, unless I have a volunteer meeting, which happens about once a month. The rest of the week can be flexible, but I really want to make sure I don't make social and/or work plans for days in a row like I have been.

So, my friends, please don't take it personally if I start saying no - or, more likely, start planning less. I'm all for maximizing social opportunities, and I love lunchtime gatherings if that's at all possible with other downtown folks. But I really do need to take some more time for myself for my sanity and well-being. Remember, a happier and healthier Stef is a nicer one to be around. :-)

Now, hopefully I won't give y'all the opportunity to say "I told you so!" if I blog about how exhausted I am in another week or so if I start up with crazy plans again! I want to try to be good to myself here.

2 comments:

rania said...

i picked up the sore throat thing last week and still haven't kicked it! arghh...

Brunette said...

I am in love with that picture.