It started Thursday night. As I was walking home from the Metro, I was thinking about everything I had to do the next day. Two donor tours at work, plus an event at an organization where I volunteer. I wanted to wear something cute, but I haven't done laundry in a month of Sundays so I was racking my brain for a possible outfit that could come out of the items I have that are still clean.
I mentally envisioned an outfit that could work. Black gaucho pants, a green tank top, and a white/green/turquoise white shirt over it. Trust me, the outfit was cute. But then I had to think about what shoes I should wear with it. And here's where the line was crossed.
I actually found myself thinking this: "I'll wear my DRESSIER TARGET FLIP-FLOPS." ?????
See, I was already wearing my more *casual* Target pink flip-flops as I was going through this mental exercise. But I decided, in the emerging heat of summer which has an inverse relationship to the amount of which I EVEN CARE what I'm wearing, so long as it's comfy, that my DRESSIER TARGET FLIP-FLOPS were perfectly acceptable for a professional look.
What makes them dressy? The sparkly straps, of course. Yeah, whatever that threshold is, it's been crossed. And you know what, I looked cute. And my feet were damn comfortable.



3 comments:
OH MY GAWD! I own those and I crossed that very threshold a while ago. Seriously, I swear the sparkles elevate them to proper dressy attire!!!
Oh Stef - no! Flip-flops to work?
There's sometimes a fine line between flip-flop and sandal. To paraphrase Justice Potter Stewart, it's hard to define, but I know it when I see it.
(He was talking about hard-core pornography, but you know what I mean.)
Just a clarification for y'all.... I do work in non-profits, not a law firm or a bank. And my boss wears Birkenstocks.....
Post a Comment