Fantastic episode tonight. But I confess I'm still a bit shaken and stirred by Keith Olbermann's closing "Special Comment" about habeus corpus. Scary stuff. So in lieu of an actual recap / ramblings, I give you my speculation on what all the LOST speculating will be about this week.
**Semi-spoiler-ific here***
Here's what people will be talking about on the LOST blogs:
- John's temporary muteness
- Sweat lodges
- Vision quests
- Hallucinations and symbolism
- The mysterious presence of Boone, and why he looks so much hotter with long hair.
- Polar bears!
- The Hatch crater
- Naked Desmond, who's acting a little funny....
- John's pre-island "family" and guns and pot and a mole, plus John's glaring ineptitude. Is this a pattern?
- Plato's allegory of the cave. (Why not? We need a literary reference, right?)
- The writers' ability to just insert 2 new characters from those "Survivor extras" we've been seeing for 2 years.
And, best of all, a return to the action, suspense, and mysterious thrills of season 1... complete with the badassness of tracker Locke (versus cubicle-dwelling, button-pushing, loserly Locke) and his total faith in the island. Welcome back, cool John, I've missed you. I hope you stick around for a while.
And next week - they are doing something to my Sawyer. He better survive whatever it is, or JJ, Damon and Carlton are gonna have me to answer to. Sawyer lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment