Monday, October 02, 2006

Ready to Swim

Today marks one year since I made a pretty big emotional decision in my life. It was a good decision, ultimately, though I did experience a few bumps of regret and second-guessing of myself. But I am definitely now in a much better place. I can't believe it's already been a year. Where in the world does the time go?

At the same time, it also marks one year since there's been any real change in things. My life today looks pretty much exactly as it did a year ago, and the year before that, and the year before that. Things are good for the most part, so I don't really have much to complain about. I'm glad that there haven't been any changes for the worse - in that case, status quo looks pretty good.

But I can't shake the feeling, as I'm starting down the approach to another fall, another holiday season, another new year, another *birthday*, that I'm treading water. And that I've been treading water for years. And that maybe it feels like it's time to swim.

So, this is me, saying to the universe - whatever you have in store for me next, I'm ready. I hope you have good things planned for me, but either way, I am looking forward to the adventure.

2 comments:

Sharkbait said...

I am proud of you for that. YOU are a strong woman and I know there are great things in store for you....well because you are amazing.


We need to set a date to get together. Seriously.

Law-Rah said...

I hope you write about whatever adventure is before you:-)