Saturday, October 07, 2006

Upgrade!

Today I had the fun of checking out the new "SmarTrip express lanes" on Metro. What a great idea! At Pentagon City, one of the "test" stations for this new idea, I was able to use one of the blue-wrapped express faregates, marked by lots of fun "SmarTrip only!" signs. It felt very cool to be a local, with that SmarTrip card of mine being like a badge of honor. "Hey, I live here, I'm a commuter, I know what to do... so I get a special lane." Love it!

And the benefit of the express lane was made even clearer on way back from this trip, as I exited at Archives-Navy Memorial. This station does not yet have an express lane, and several of us were held up on leaving by a little boy who had unknowingly tried to put his farecard in to an exit slot, thus jamming the machine. The kid didn't know any better, but SmarTrip users do.

So I say, bring on those express lanes for every station! Thanks, Metro, for this smart improvement!

1 comment:

Stef said...

I've switched to Blogger beta, so I'm just doing my own little test here to make sure comments are still working.