I just picked up a fun new CD - Brake for Wilson's On We Burn. This is a Philadelphia-based band with two members, a guy and a girl. I went to college with the guy and have had fun following his career as an actor and musician, so it's great to now listen to a real CD that he's made! :-)This combo offers the kind of jaunty, singer-songwriter-y pop that's similar to John Mayer or Ben Folds, and they list everyone from Sting to Tori Amos to the Beatles as their musical influences. The lyrics are good, the sound is full and rich, and their voices - while very different - blend well together. Even though the songs cover relationships and their ups and downs, the music overall gives you a sunny feeling and I just find myself smiling when I'm listening to it on the iPod. (That would explain any weird dreamy smiles I may have been sporting on the bus lately!
The CD is available for purchase at CDBaby, or you can download tracks on iTunes - I'd recommend "Big World", "Western Hills" and "Can't You Hear" as downloads to get a taste of their sound. Check it out!



2 comments:
It's because you had a CRUSH on him.....
Hey! That's not true! (And, um, hello, he's probably reading this!) I think that's more likely that it was you!
While I don't recall ever actually crushing on this guy, he's definitely a talented, creative, smart, and fun musician.
Wait, so why didn't I ever have a crush? My actual crushes were a lot less healthy!
Post a Comment