Wednesday, October 04, 2006

So Happy to be LOST... AGAIN!

Ah, Season 3 has begun. Though I am LOST, my life finally is once again complete. :-)

****Season Premiere Spoilers and Somewhat Plot-Related Rambling Ahead!****

This show is nothing short of brilliant in my mind, and I love it more every minute. That beginning??? Blew me away! And I love the nod to super-fan (and rumored Bad Twin author?) Stephen King. :-)

Our story picks up with Sawyer, Kate, and Jack now facing their bizarre captivity in the Others' camp. (Why did I put Saywer first? Cuz he's the hottest, of course.)

The three are separated, and seem to still be subjects in bizarre experiments. Poor Sawyer is like a hamster in a cage, spending most of the episode trying to figure out which button to push or lever to pull to get himself a fish biscuit. What an insult, learning that it only took the bears 2 hours. Jack is stuck in an aquarium, monitored by an Other lady who may be a doctor and may just be his new love interest. And Kate? Well, she probably had the weirdest experience of all - being wooed on the beach, only to be warned that the next 2 weeks are going to be rough. I'm guessing this little fall mini-season will cover that 2 week time-frame nicely?

The Others' camp now appears to be rundown, shabby, outdated like a Victorian zoo, with the mark of a Scorpion Hatch. Are we still removed from the cute little yellow houses and friendly neighbors? Perhaps. It is a "Tale of Two Cities" after all. But we're definitely at least part underwater. And somehow the Others have been building files on our little castaways. Do they have access to Google somehow? I'm perplexed for the moment.

Flashbacks. Jack stalking cheating wife Sarah. Sarah and Jack fighting at the lawyer's office. Jack stealing Sarah's cell phone to discover who she's cheating with. Jack fighting with dad Christian. Jack neglecting a patient on the table who looks surprisingly like Tom/Zeke (just me?) to stalk Christian and follow him to an AA meeting. Jack attacking Christian - wait, is my season 2 theory coming true? - for having an affair with his son's wife. Well, it doesn't appear to be true, but I did really like that theory.

And, oh yeah. I still have no idea who he is or where he came from, but believe you me... I would not f**k with Henry Gale. He is the most awesome character ever. Creepy, reptilian, terrifying. And impossible to figure out. I would certainly never kick him out of a book club. He's either a brilliant leader or a psychopath or a little bit of both. And now we know his name - it's Ben.

Lest you think my LOST obsession is an anomaly, you should know little bro is now totally hooked, too. He watched all of Season 2 via Netflix over the last week, until he hit a crisis mode tonight and started texting me... poor guy had it timed to the minute to finish Season 2 and watch the premiere of Season 3, but he didn't realize the Season 2 finale was 2 hours - so he had to stop the DVD in order to watch the new episode, and now has to go back and watch those intense final scenes that brought us to today. Obsession runs in the family, for sure.

Be sure to check out my two favorite LOST blogs in the next day or so for their complete comments: Lost but Found and Lost and Gone Forever.

No comments: