Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Company Party


It was a success! And I have to say, as the party co-planner, I'm pretty darn happy with how it went. That's me in my $3.99 CVS Santa hat, which I wore all night. From work to the party, through the whole party, and to the ATM and the cab home. People in my elevator at home gave me funny looks. But who cares? I love my Santa hat!

The party was great. We had oh about 40 people, with tons of food and alcohol. I planned it, so it was at Gordon Biersch, of course. (Where else?) There was a little scandal, some gossip, very little work talk, and even some interesting new things we learned about coworkers. I had no idea our big big boss is a really good piano player and worked his way through college playing in piano lounges. And that the company's legal counsel grew up in a small town down the road from me. All told, I think a good time was had by all. Or at last a fairly decent time, which is more than you can say about most company parties. Hooray!

It's too bad we have to work tomorrow. But for now I'm sitting here gorging myself on leftover cheese cubes and pineapple slices. I may regret that in the morning...

3 comments:

Asian Mistress said...

Haha cheese and pineapple!

Aww you look so festive! Hehe.

ScottE. said...

I've never been to a holiday party I've liked....I'm trying to find a way to boycott this year's party....I think I have to run "errands" for the office, then leave early for the other job....!!

Anonymous said...

So many holiday parties... so many of them suck. Glad you were able to execute a success!

And thanks for the card! I loved it so much I posted it on my loser blog.