Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Winding Down


Tonight marks the end of two things I've been involved in for the last few weeks....

1. The last night of my National Geographic Live tickets. Tonight's was great - Brunette, you really missed out! The photographer, Joel Sartore, was really entertaining, giving a presentation on his most recent visit to Brazil's Pantanal as well as previous trips to Bolivia and to study grizzly bears. He was really funny and cracked everybody up with what he called "gross-out" stories about living for weeks on a platform in the rainforest. I think he's done some NatGeo tv specials, so I'm gonna try to find them on Netflix. If I find any I'll share the info.

2. The last disc in the first season of House, MD, which has been my Netflix addiction for a while. I really love watching tv series via Netflix. Next up? Veronica Mars. I've heard such great things about it and I really want to check it out. I've tried to block out things I've heard in reviews and people talking, so I don't think I actually know many of the surprises from the first season. I'm sure I'll be posting about it soon!

3 comments:

Brunette said...

D'oh! I really wanted to go- glad to hear you enjoyed.

I have a DVD recommendation for you. M3 and I once rented "National Geographic: The Photographers" from Netflix. So interesting! The bonus material profiles a British (?) couple who have lived in Africa for years and take lots of cool nighttime nature photographs.

Sean Hennessey said...

we're big on the netflix tv too!

Emily said...

I'm going to add House and the Nat Geo Photographers DVDs to my queue! Thanks :-)