Friday, December 23, 2005

Ooooh, Gloves Are Coming Off

Well, some interesting documents on Samuel Alito were released from the National Archives today. I'm guessing that all my favorite lefty organizations are getting ready to pull out the big guns for those confirmation hearings in January. Today's documents include a memo Alito wrote detailing how the government should overturn Roe v. Wade, from what I can tell he proposed toing so by striking down the constitutionality of state laws (I've linked to the full PDF here - I'd love to have any lawyers out there help interpret all that legalese). The documents also include one that says domestic spying by the government is a-okay. Arlen Specter is already saying he plans to ask Alito about the wiretap bidness.... toss that line of questioning into the current climate PLUS what I'm sure will be a full-scale ground war over the right to choose, and things could get exciting. You all know who I'll be rooting for.

1 comment:

Chairborne Stranger said...

well don't hurt them too bad! have a great christmas!