I am exhausted this Sunday morning, looking forward to going back to bed soon and hopefully for much of the day. Why am I so tired? Cuz I did about a zillion things yesterday! The Cliffs' Notes version...
9:00 - 11:15 - At work (grrrr) for a special event. Luckily these things only happn a few times a year, cuz I do not enjoy having to go in and be all cheery on a Saturday morning.
11:30 - 12:30 - Lunch with BGK after the event (he had to work too). I do enjoy the Cosi tbm melt. I hadn't had one in a long time and it's just as tasty as ever.
1:00 - 3:30 - BGK and I met up with MH and The Johnson, the rest of Team Lady, and The Boy for a sold-out showing of Brokeback Mountain. The poor little Dupont 5 theater was so overwhelmed, and at 12:30 they were already announcing that the movie was sold out for all showings for the whole day. The movie is very good and I recommend that everyone see it. Jake and Heath are both excellent, the writing is spare but strong, the story is heart-breaking, and the cinematography is strikingly beautiful.
3:30 - 5:00 - MH, The Johnson and I roamed around Dupont doing a little shopping, including at the Pleasure Palace (lots of giggles) and at Claude Taylor's photography gallery/shop (lots of ideas for my own work).
5:00 - 7:00 - We made a dent in my Gordon Biersch gift certificate stash with a big dinner. I had my first steak since 1997, a big rib-eye. It was a little fattier than I wanted, but damn tasty. I'm so hooked on beef again. Well, what can you do?
7:15 - 8:30 - Then we made the trek out to the big target on Rte 50 in VA. I always thought girls were bad when the shopping fever takes hold, but we were totally outdone by The Johnson! I did pretty well, only spending about 70 bucks. I got a few things that I did really need, but I also splurged and bought myself some super-comfy new jammies. I'm wearing them now and I love them! The most random part of the whole Target experience? We saw some actual poo on the floor near the dollar item sale rack. So gross! And we'd had enough wine at dinner to find it really hilarious, too.
9:00 - 1:15 - We continued on to somewhere near Fairfax to meet up with Onyah at Reporter Boy's third annual Festivus extravaganza. The boys really did it up, with a Festivus pole, a gag gift exchange, and the ceremonial airing of grievances. Good times! Sadly, I was tuckered out and started to fall asleep on the couch, so MH and The Johnson were nice enough to take me home. My nodding off had no reflection on the quality of the party or the company, just that I'd had a really full day!!!
2:00 am - I finally made it home to 16th Street and fell into bed. Zzzzzz.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Um jealous you got to go see Brokeback Mountain with some of DC's finest! :(
Yeah, it was totally unexpected! I felt so cool sitting amongst the blog-famous. I'm really only cool by association, though, since I was there with BGK and the rest of the guys were there with him. I'm just sorry the movie was so crowded that we didn't get much of a chance to chat!
That is the awesomest Target. Period.
HEART
Cowgirl: I want to see that movie, too. I'm hoping Mom takes me (and pays) when I'm home next week!
Kathryn: I liked that Target, but I'll always have a soft spot for the one in Gaithersburg with the cart escalator. Hours of entertainment!
Happy Monday!
Post a Comment