Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A Little Breathing Room...

I have decided I need to take a little step back from my blogging habit, at least for a while.

Lately I have found that I haven't had as much to say... I will find myself thinking up great ideas to write while I'm on the bus or at work, but when I finally sit down in front of the computer I'm just not finding the inspiration or the energy to write them down. The last thing I ever wanted was for blogging to feel like an obligation or a chore, but sadly it's starting to feel that way. I've also been thinking about the future, and wondering "will I still be blogging a year from now? what more could I possibly say?"

So I'm feeling the need to reduce the pressure I put on myself to come up with good ideas and churn out posts on a regular basis. I'll still post sometimes, but not nearly as frequently as I have been at my peak. And hopefully that makes it better for you, too, if I care more and spend more time focusing on what I actually am writing. (Although you can probably count on weekly LOST recaps...)

At the same time, I am going to scale way back on the number of blogs I read regularly. I have 10 "real-life" friends with blogs of their own, and those will be the ones that I still check on an almost-daily basis (thanks to Bloglines). I will keep up with my "bloggy friends" fairly often, too, but I just can't commit the time to be reading as many blogs as I've got on the blog roll. I'll keep the links up for people who use them.

Before blogging, I used to use my Internet time to read several newspapers on a regular basis - I kept up with what was going on in the world, and I was better about sending actual emails to the people I want to keep up with. So I need some of that time back, cuz I'm feeling like I've been a little disconnected from "real reality" and more involved than I should have been in "blog reality."

So, there you have it.... expect to see occasional tv, movie, or book reviews, and maybe posts about a restaurant or new photographs here or there, but I'm going to get back to focusing on living life rather than struggling to write about it. Thanks everyone!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh, I understand. I used to religiously check several blogs every day. Now...well, not so much. And while I enjoy blogging, I don't feel the need to write if I don't have something to say.

Plus, since I'm in the same country as most of my friends and family now, my urge to blog isn't quite as strong. It's all good. See you in the real world!

Anonymous said...

I'll miss you! it's how I know what's up with you when I don't see you... but now maybe I'll see you more often!
AS

Washington Cube said...

I totally understand.

Stef said...

Thanks ladies. I appreciate it! :-)

Brunette said...

I'll miss your always-entertaining updates, but good for you - for making time for yourself. Look forward to seeing you in the real world!