Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's my sinus pain. Maybe it's the fact that we really need that "fall back" hour this weekend. But for whatever the reason, I had the realization today that I'm not particularly happy right now.
Somehow the forces of the universe aligned this week and decided to do their darnedest to bring me down. I am feeling a little beat up in all areas of my life.... both work and my personal stuff are really stressful right now, and it's doubly hard when the stress hits in both areas at the same time. And I've experienced much more than the usual share of self-criticism over the last few days, so most of my bruises are self-inflicted. Bah.
And my to-do list for the weekend is completely overwhelming. I have no social plans - frankly, because I couldn't fit them in and had to cancel. I have to do some major cleaning in the apartment, and I brought home about a day's worth of work I have to accomplish before a few big meetings early on next week. That's in addition to the usual groceries, laundry, bills, etc. Thinking about it all just makes me want to go to sleep.
I don't really want to do any soul-searching - in fact, what I'd love to do most is just laugh. So, before I tackle all the things I need to do this weekend, I'll revel in my latest purchase. After a rousing game night a few weeks ago where we broke out a sleuthing classic, I checked out Amazon and upgraded to the DVD version of one of my favorite movies from childhood. So I'll be spending tonight with Mr. Green, in the Library, with the Lead Pipe. Or in the Conservatory, with Professor Plum, and the Candlestick. Or with Mrs. Peacock, eating monkeys brains right here in Washington, DC. One plus two plus two plus one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Sounds like a good night for some relaxing entertainment. I remember when it came out at the movies and there were different endings (2 or 3)? I also remember my sister and I having to roll the die to see who got to be Ms. Scarlett. Something about her picture on the box, the long Silkience hair, the cigarette holder. She was her own drag queen.
Also-- I just love Eileen Brennan in the movie!
I watched that movie so many times as a kid, my brother and I could recite it to each other. I thought Miss Scarlet (Lesley Ann Warren) was the epitome of sexy sophistication, and I wanted to own a form-fitting emerald satin dress when I grew up! And we should all share a moment for the late, great Madeline Kahn, cuz her portrayal of Mrs. White still brings tears of laughter to my eyes.
"Flames... heaving... breathing..."
For reasons I can't explain, my favorite one in the movie was Col. Mustard. ("You have negatives?!?" and "I lost my mommy and daddy in the war.") But yeah, when playing the game, we'd always throw down over who got to be Miss Scarlet.
Good luck with the cleaning, the work, etc. And I'm around this weekend if you feel like chatting.
Awww it's just one of those times...I know how you feel!
*HUG*
PS - when you're not crazy busy, we should meet up sometime!
Thanks, AM. I could definitely see a need for margaritas sometime soon. :-)
Ah, one of my favorite movies of all time. Your post made me want to watch it myself - so I did last night!
Post a Comment