From what I can tell by the headlines -- this is what I missed this week...any more updates?
- Bush gave a speech and took responsibility for the Administration's failures. But words and actions aren't the same thing. I sorta watched it and thought he looked like a gnome. What was wrong with his neck? My friend The Johnson thought maybe the New Orleans Mayor had tackled him.
- Louisiana's governor said "the buck stops here." She seemed more sincere, but that's just my opinion. I'm curious as to what the long-term political fallout of all of this will be.
- Brownie resigned. Sing it with me: "Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye!"
- John Roberts had a week of confirmation hearings and said pretty much nothing. Joe Biden did a little grandstanding, it seems, gearing up for his 2008 campaign?
- Dick Cheney's gonna have knee surgery. So will there be a de facto vice president while he's under the anesthesia? Or does that mean Bush will actually be flying solo for a few hours? Terrifying!
- Britney had a baby boy! Our accountant summed it up best - "You mean for the last 9 months she'd been pregnant? I hadn't noticed." Good call - why should we even care?
- But along those same lines, Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney split up. Wow, if you blinked you really missed that one.



No comments:
Post a Comment