Monday, December 19, 2005

The Hardest Part

I firmly believe that the hardest part of being a single gal is when you're sick. I don't mind being Little Miss Independent all the time, in fact I pretty much revel in it, but when I'm sick I really do wish that I had someone to take care of me. I'm not just single, I also live alone. My parents are hundreds of miles away, little brother too, and my only roomie is of the feline persuasion. She's good at cuddling, but not much else.

When you're single and sick, you still have to do everything for yourself. Need to leave work early? You have to get yourself home. Need to buy some Sprite, or saltines, or chicken broth? You have to go to the store by yourself. Want a warm washcloth to rest on your forehead? You have to get up and do it yourself. There's no one else to hug you or get you an extra blanket or close the window when you're cold.

I'm pretty darn sick today, and it is not the fun kind. Let's just say I have to restart the clock on "how long has it been since I've vomited....." And while I'm starting to feel a teensy bit better, it sure would be nice to have someone to help me. Or someone to whine to. But that's why I have you guys, right?

What's that I hear? Yes? Pity Party. Table of One.

7 comments:

Chairborne Stranger said...

Aw that sucks! Stop by my blog (or Lizzie's LOL) if you get lonely-that's what I do at night for companionship. LOL

I'd totally make you some soup if I were around.

Hope you are feeling better!

Sharkbait said...

Feel better.

We're all having a pity party day. I'd get ya an extra blanket darlin!

Asian Mistress said...

Aww *HUG*

I totally agree.

That's why you need good roommates. :)

Washington Cube said...

Hope you feel better soon. This time of year leaves everyone stressed and open to bad bugies.

Mandy said...

Pobrecita! I hope that you can manage to keep things down and generally feel less like you've got the plague - and I *totally* understand wanting to be taken care of when you feel like crap. Let me know if you want some soup...

Stef said...

Thanks, everyone, for the hugs and good wishes. I feel a little better today (the magic of powerful medicine) but am still staying home to sleep. I really hope no one else catches this - it does kinda feel like the plague!

Sean Hennessey said...

i hope that you are feeling better!