Sunday, December 25, 2005

Indiana Journal Day 4 - It's Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Believe it or not, after days of rain and mud, it has actually started snowing here so we may get a white Christmas after all.

It's been a good one - we all did pretty well on our gifts. :-) Mom and Dad got 2 photography books from me plus another related gift that several of my friends will soon be getting so I won't spoil the surprise. Dad got a new supply of Old Spice and Mom got a whole case of her favorite power bars from my little bro. And little bro got a new Kenneth Cole wallet from me, plus that related photography gift, and from the 'rents he got a full-year gym membership, the full collection of the Tolkien books, and some IU memorabilia.

And me? I scored! Little bro got me a whole bunch of things from my Amazon Wish List -- the new Madonna CD, an old Van Morrison CD, and the Almost Famous soundtrack, plus a novel and a book on photography that I wanted. Mom got me some silly cat socks, and then the big present... I got the iPod Nano! My Nano is so cute and tiny. :-) I've already downloaded all 3 of the new CDs onto it. I'm sure I'll have some iPod questions for y'all in the coming days, since I'm not a big manual-reader. Now I'm gonna explore what kind of Nano accessories there are; I think I should get a case of some kind cuz it's a little worrisome that it is SO tiny. I'd hate for anything to happen to the little cutie.

We're having a big family dinner of pork roast with all the trimmings. Then after dinner we're going over to my parents' friends' place. It's an older couple who never had kids, but they have long been sponsors of international students at IU and have sort of "adopted" all these grad/PhD students from all over the world. So we'll probably be chatting with folks from all over, which makes for a nice multicultural Christmas evening. Little bro and I are bringing the wine, and if it's anything like last year there will be a mighty, mighty pot of killer nog just waiting for us....

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas! Any good gifts given or received???

4 comments:

Sean Hennessey said...

i got a rock.




merry christmas!

Stef said...

Well, a rock is better than a lump of coal, right??? :-)

rania said...

hey scenic aritsan, you did better than a rock!

stef, now that you have an ipod, you should check out emusic.com. just for trying it out you get 50 free downloads, then its 40 downloads for $10 a month. Kinda like netflix, month to month, but you own the music once you get it!

Also, here is a fun 'case' for your ipod:
lanyard headphones

merry christmas!

Stef said...

Look, Scenic Artisan and Shoofly on the same post! I'm glad you guys had a great trip to Lebanon - I want to hear all about it when we see each other again. Fellow blog readers, check out their sites for some great pictures.