Friday, December 16, 2005

Random Friday Twitterings


Main Entry: twit·ter
1. to utter successive chirping noises
2. to talk in a chattering fashion (Giggle, Titter)
3. to tremble with agitation (Flutter)

you decide which meaning I'm going for.... ;-)

My Friday afternoon thoughts:

1. I turned in my framed photo to CHAW today for the exhibition in January. I'm so excited! It almost makes up for the nearly 200 bucks I paid for framing. Framing is totally the business to be in. 75 dollars an hour for labor, plus materials! No wonder so many artists spend time framing to earn some cash.

2. Franklin Graham, son of Reverend Billy, did an interview with Soledad on CNN this morning. She brought up the whole "happy holidays" controversy (although I hate using the word controversy cuz it seems like the whole situation is totally made up to rally the far-right troops). Graham went on and on about how saying "happy holidays" takes the Christ out of Christmas, yadda yadda. I always use "happy holidays" as a blanket statement, not just to cover all religious bases, but also to wish people well for the *sequence* of holidays that happen now -- yes, there are Christmas andHanukkahh and Kwanzaa, but there's also New Year's! To me, "happy holidays" means "have a good end of December and beginning of January, whatever you happen to celebrate." But Franklin Graham actually said that the usage of "happy holidays" reflects a war on Jesus Christ. What?!?

3. After hosting our holiday party at Gordon Biersch this week, I have now earned more than $150 in coupons on my GB passport card. So we went for a nearly-free lunch today. And what did I do? Just as soon as I took my first bite, bbq sauce down the front of my shirt. Dangit!

4. I have no plans for tonight other than to sit and watch my Netflix. I've got 4 episodes of Veronica Mars plus the movie Antwone Fisher. And I should soon be receiving another 4 episodes of Veronica Mars. Good times!

3 comments:

Brunette said...

The whole idea of a war on Christmas is such a load. I'm disappointed that this "issue" has made its way onto CNN, which many people take more seriously than Fox. At least when it was confined to Fox News I could believe that it was an O'Reilly directive.

ScottE. said...

Bring it on...war on christmas...no shopping. no trees. no snowmen.

where you get your pic framed? how big? I do a lot of framing for work and get large things done in town for less then $150.

Stef said...

I got it done at Mickelson's on New York Avenue. The print is 8X10 and the frame is about 12x16. I went with the fancy conservation glass. Part of why it was so expensive was I needed it as a rush job, cuz there wasn't a lot of turnaround time. But they did good work, so I'm happy with them overall.

Where do you go in the city?