Hooray! As of about an hour ago, I'm on Christmas break! After 2 sick days this week, though, it's not like I really put in much work. But I'll still take the break anyway! Before I go off to Borington (have no fear, good old email addict me is bringing my laptop along so I'll still be in touch), a few random thoughts....
1. Thanks everyone for your good wishes - I'm feeling much better. I hope no one else gets that stomach bug. Stock up on Sprite, Gatorade and Saltines while you can.
2. DC's trying to get me to do more than my civic duty. I just got a call for jury duty AGAIN after I just spent a day there in October. I know I don't have to actually serve again for 2 years... but does this mean I'm gonna get a summons every 2 months until then?!? Seems a waste of postage.
3. Trusty cat Cleo got her 2nd Christmas present today. It's a fuzzy squirrel stuffed with catnip. The super-fuzzy tail is so cute and fluffy I almost want to play with it myself!
4. I got an email from my grad school program today. They just opened up a branch in Adelaide, Australia. Why oh why did I graduate in 1999? I'd love to study abroad now. How else can you get such a great travel experience and have it be partially-subsidized? Sadly, my job is at a place that's totally focused on domestic stuff, so the coolest travel I could get is Boston or Abilene or something.
5. My appetite is finally back after 2 days, and so I just pigged out on a 1/2 a small pizza AND a big sub. mmmmm. Since I will soon be pursuing my New Year's resolutions, this will probably be my last pigout for a while. It was darn tasty.
6. I'm totally into Veronica Mars. I'll be halfway through the first season by the end of tonight. I wonder how long it will be before Season 2 is on DVD? Maybe by summer? Then hopefully I can watch Season 3 in real time! And btw, Lisa Rinna's lips are Eeeee-normous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Hey have fun on vacation-food sounded good to!
Have fun, travel safely. Enjoy packin'in borington!
I LOVELOVELOVE Veronica Mars. Congrats on finding one of the best shows on TV! They have nearly impeccable continuity, good music, witty dialogue, and smart plotlines. Awesome.
Glad you're feeling better. So many nasty buggies out there right now.
Have fun on Christmas break!
Lisa Rinna- ha! C&M and I used to watch her show "Merge," and we just called it "Lisa Rinna's Lips." As in, "Hey- what time is 'Lisa Rinna's Lips' on tonight?" In her defense, she was the best Billie ever on Days of Our Lives.
Safe travels, and try to have fun in Borington. Merry Christmas!
I must say that I can't get into Veronica Mars. She's supposed to be in high school and is always off doing totally "un highschooly" things.
On another note, I totally wish we could have Lisa Rinna's lips back on "Merge."
Kisses!
Marie
In response to above: That's kind of the point of Veronica Mars. It's a noir detective show at heart, with the (amusing) backdrop of high school. But it's not *about* high school and of course she never acts like she's really in high school. Because then she wouldn't be out at all hours nabbing cheating husbands and that sort of thing.
The brilliance of VM is how they twist the conventions of the detective genre, not how they portray modern high school life. The h.s. stuff is just a funny backdrop and allows her to take on cases of her own from kids at school. But the show would just as good if she were in college or even not in school at all.
Post a Comment