Take a stroll back over to ScottE's blog for a link on cheap food finds here in DC. I found it amusing. Two of my most overrated places were on there!
Their list:
1. The Breadline
2. Ben's Chili Bowl
3. Lauriol Plaza
4. Matchbox
5. Capital Q BBQ
6. The Burro
7. Left Bank
8. The Diner
9. Sushi Aoi
10. Moby Dick House of Kabob
I do like Ben's and I need to go back soon, esp. since it's so close by. Capital Q is a total dive, but the food I had was delicious. I've never tried the other places, but I have heard stories from T about Matchbox's super-strict "no seating until your whole party's here" policy, which gets annoying. I'm always open to trying a new sushi or kabob place -- has anyone tried them?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I enjoy drinks and dancing at Left Bank, but I wasn't so into the food I've had there (although the CNN article speaks of their sandwich menu, and I've only eaten their brunch). Kinda small portions that didn't live up to their descriptions (when they say spicy I want spicy, damnit!)
I LOVE Moby Dick. Man oh man it's been a while... and it's really only a short walk from my office - I need to make it over there!
Moby Dick is good. I've been a few times and am very happy with it. Ben's is the only other one I've been to. It makes me happy.
Post a Comment