Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Phooey

So the computer cord drama continues.... turns out the new universal cord doesn't fit so great. It keeps getting just a hair out of place and thus disconnecting and the laptop reverts to battery power. Why is it getting out of place? Well, I took a look. It's a hard rubber plug-in. And apparently my laptop gets so hot that it has started MELTING some of the plastic around the prongs. What the??? So I thought for a moment about fighting again with best buy. But then I just went to the Toshiba web site, and found the exact replacement part that I need for $89 plus shipping. It ships in 1-2 weeks. I'll be able to make it, I think. So that's what I'm doing. Let's hope Radio Shack will take back this $120 thing that is now slightly melted. I'll explain it that it is now damaged cuz it doesn't work. They better freakin' give me a refund. Cross your fingers for me!

No comments: