Sunday, November 06, 2005

What a Beautiful Weekend

With this great weather, I got to engage in one of my favorite activities on Saturday.... just walking around the city and exploring a bunch of different things to do.

My oldest friend from college came to visit, since he had to be in Richmond anyway to give a lecture to history students at our alma mater (doesn't that make us sound old???) and we had a great time enjoying this sunshine. From eating outside (in November!!!) to checking out used bookstores to discussing architecture and historic preservation as we explored residential neighborhoods, it was such a relaxing, escapist day. I think we walked about 5 miles or so, all told, and I have the blisters to prove it! Watch for photos soon...

But this is really one of my favorite things to do on a weekend, and a reason why I love living in this city. I could not imagine wanting to be anywhere else!

So how did you enjoy the gorgeous weekend?

No comments: