The Democrats finally grew some! Call it a "stunt" if you want, but Harry Reid and his cohorts forced the Senate to have an actual conversation about this damn war. I don't care if people think it interfered with conversation about Alito or about tax reform or whatever else they were talking about. Do we really need to remind everyone that WE HAVE BEEN AT WAR for 2 1/2 years in Iraq, a war that still has a lot more questions than answers about the reasons why we are there. I don't care if Frist is personally offended. (Let's not talk about Terri Schiavo, if you want to go down the offensive road....)
So there is now a 6-member bipartisan panel that's going to open up an investigation into those intelligence sources that were used to justify the Iraq war. According to Dick Durbin: "It's a question about whether or not anyone in this administration in any way misused or distorted intelligence to mislead the American people into believing an invasion of Iraq was necessary..." Gee, I think we know the answer to that one already, but I'm looking forward to their first report on November 14.
Major props to Harry Reid, who's been a much stronger Minority Leader than most of us expected. I love that he played the Administration's game of changing the story. Remember, folks, it's all about controlling the news cycle.
I'm gonna go surfing to see who those 6 Senators on the panel are. Stay tuned...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment