Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My Chef Boyfriend

Like many of my friends, I consider myself a Food Network fan. I'm not a cook by any means...not at all like SSE, who has the coolest food blog out there. So why do I watch? Is it cuz I love Ray Ray's goofy laugh when she cracks herself up with some dumb joke? Nope. Is it cuz I like learning weird trivia about where candy corn comes from or about the first ice cream cone? That's fun, but nope. Is it cuz Paula Deen's rich, Southern food makes me lick my lips just watching her make it on tv? Nope. (Although I know from experience that her Krispy Kreme bread pudding is the most sinfully delicious thing you can ever, ever, ever put in your mouth. Seriously.)


Why do I watch? Two words: Tyler Florence. Whether he's helping someone improve their recipe on Food 911, or sampling all the different ways to make a certain dish on Tyler's Ultimates, or engaging in some witty kitchen banter with Jack on How to Boil Water, he's a super-hottie. He's like the ultimate fantasy -- that cool older guy in school who got along with everybody and cracked kinda dorky jokes, and who you would just *hope* would notice you and say hi in the halls, AND he happens to be a chef! (Don't ask me why I reverted to a high-school image. I have no idea why.)

I know that I am honor-bound to share Tyler with several of my close friends. Bu tthat's okay. As long as he comes over and cooks me a delicious meal, and makes all those orgasmic food noises while he's tasting it....Mmmmm. Yeah, that's why I watch the Food Network.

1 comment:

ScottE. said...

Agreed...he's a bit of a frat boy, but he's so freakin' cute! And his "oh yeahs."

Tee hee!