A gang of us went out to Austin Grill tonight for the super-cheap happy hour. I don't think we've actually been there since summer. It was a great time! 5 baskets of chips, 2 large bowls of queso, 10 swirlie (swirly?) margaritas, 1 spilled drink, 1 wipeout, and 1 broken picture frame... Great stats, and I was still home by 7:30!
Tonight was an example of my favorite kind of night, when I'm surrounded with cool people from a whole bunch of different social circles. I've lived in DC long enough and worked or volunteered in enough places that I know several different groups of people, and I love introducing them to each other and watching my friends become friends themselves. Nothing makes me smile more than seeing my favorite people all getting to know each other and getting along. It just makes sense, right, that funny, smart, quirky, snarky, cool people would all hit it off, don't ya think? I love to watch it happen!
So to all my friends out there, old and new, from work or from school or from the "real world," I hope you all continue to enjoy each other and thanks for making me smile!
PS - How did it get so freakin' cold out so quickly?!?!?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hey, as I was reading over the 'stats' I realized that all the bad things happened to me...1 spilled drink, 1 wipe out, 1 broken picture frame.
Well, Anon, that just means you had a really good night! ;-)
Post a Comment