Friday, November 04, 2005

Metro Doesn't Fear Change

Check out Metro's ideas for redesigning the train cars. What do you think? As a shorty (5 foot 2 on a good day), I prefer the floor-to-ceiling poles. The hanging handle things are harder (that's a lot of h's!) and I always feel like I end up swinging around somewhat uncontrollably. I like that the back of every seat would include a pole up to the ceiling, that could help for short people. I'd love to see them come up with some better ideas for the buses, too.

2 comments:

ScottE. said...

made a post on other blog...metro about so suck a$$. THe solution to getting people on and off the train is more frequent trains, longer trains...not less seats...those of us with longer rides, during early morning rush don't want to be standing for 1/2 hour. metro will really piss me off by doing this!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for more frequent trains- that will help ease the over-crowding. For pity's sake, the Moscow metro (which costs about 30 cents for a ride of any distance) runs trains every minute or two, no matter what time of day. Surely we can do better than the current state of service which is Very Sad.

Boo hiss to fewer seats.
MCB