Since I got to be the photojournalist of the day, I'll share a few pics of the boys' delicious meal. Who knew they put on such a good spread out in West Hyattsville? Now you'll see why I was coveting this invitation all fall! (Scotte, I'll keep watch on what photos you're posting - I don't want to steal your Thanksgiving Thunder!)
Mmmmmm......here's my plate. There's turkey, gravy, a pop'n fresh roll, mashed potatoes, dressing, corn casserole, green beans, carrots, collard greens, drunken cranberries, and OH YEAH, sweet potatoes! I did go back for seconds on the mashed potatoes, dressing, and OH YEAH, sweet potatoes. Our lovely bird was delicious, but you know...at some point it's all about the sides!
The real star of the evening! Paula Deen would be so proud! The dressing, the sweet potatoes, the turkey itself, it was all smothered in buttery goodness. Thanksgiving is no day to diet.
And here's me, after several (6 total?) glasses of wine. I'm wearing the blindfold that came with the Showgirls deluxe edition, and just a few minutes later I tried to pin the pasties on my friend JJ's shoulder. Good times! By the way, the Vigonier that C&M brought back for me from their honeymoon in Canada was a big hit. Even the folks who don't normally love white wine really liked this one. I'll have to find out the name of that winery and get some more - it was delicious! And very fitting as a first glass at 3:30 in the afternoon.All in all, a fine time was had by all. Thanks to the boys, who are definitely the hosts with the most. At just before midnight, we caught the last Branch Avenue train back into the city (wow, we were lucky) and after taking 2 tums, 2 aspirin, and some Nyquil, I totally passed out and slept until almost 10 today. A Thanksgiving success!
And remember, kids, dancing ain't f**king. Always listen to your Nomi.



3 comments:
Sounds like a marvelous, butter-drenched night! I can't wait to see more pictures...
And back by popular demand, "you are a whore, darlin.'" Can't believe you all got to watch that awesome movie, while we were stuck with the parade and then sports.
The VH-1 version is the best though, because of the crazy digital bras.
Post a Comment