Monday, November 14, 2005

Full Moon Fever

So when I saw the moon tonight, suddenly this crazy day made sense. Yep, it's totally a full moon kind of night.

Would you believe that there was a fire at my office today? I swear to God, there was a fire in my apt building on Saturday and one at work on Monday. And I had nothing to do with it! But even I am starting to wonder....

After sitting outside with the Lunch Club and eating our hard-fought California Tortilla burritos (I'm never going there during the lunch rush again, you can quote me), we got up to head back into the office. Only to see hundreds of people streaming out of the doors. So we joined in the evacuation, which actually lasted 2 hours. They finally let us back in only to get our things and then close the building. My understanding is that no one was hurt, but there may have been some water damage. And where I work, that is a pretty serious matter. I suppose we'll find out tomorrow what the real extent of it all is.

Anyway, after all that time sitting outside, my cold and my stiff neck were none too pleased. But there was no way I was going to miss the opportunity for a free afternoon off! So MH and I headed to the Regal Gallery Place Cinemas (my fave theater in town) to see Derailed. This now completes my long weekend with Clive. I watched the Croupier on Friday and Closer (again) on Saturday. I highly recommend a Clive Own film fest. Anyway, Derailed was pretty good. Somewhat predictable and with more than a few plot holes, like any suspense thriller, but still a good way to spend the afternoon. (I'd spend any afternoon with Clive.) Jennifer Aniston does a good job breaking out of the Rachel mold. I do like her, so I hope she does well with her post-Friends movie career. MCB and I saw a trailer for her new comedy with Vince Vaughn - totally must-see!

5 comments:

Stef said...

DcLc: That's so funny you say that! We actually had a conversation about spontaneous combustion when we were sitting outside during the evacuation yesterday. I was talking about how when I was a kid, I was very into those Weekly Reader young adult books about the paranormal. And one of the common topics that always, always, always freaked me out was spontaneous combustion! Even that CSI episode a year or so ago gave me the creeps.

Anonymous said...

I went through a paranormal, spontaneous combustion phase, too - somewhere around 4th or 5th grade. Weird... why weren't we into ponies?
AS

Anonymous said...

I totally remember those books, and the info about spontaneous combustion! I was obsessed with one of the books when I was in 3rd grade- discussed all sorts of strange phenomena, including chapters on spontantous combustion and one on a strange mold that took over a family's house. And don't get me started on the Bermuda Triangle...
MCB

Stef said...

Oh, the Bermuda Triangle stuff was huge. I remember one chapter of a book that was about recurring nightmares, and some kid had one about a plane crashing at a certain time/place, and then it did actually come true. Freaky!

I was so destined to be an X-Files/Buffy/Angel fan from the very start....

Kathryn Is So Over said...

There was a spontaneous combustion episode of X-Files, you know! Some guy's shadow caused people to burst into flames. He had to be kept in a brightly lit room where he could cast no shadows.

And for the Clive love, please watch I'll Sleep When I'm Dead. Soon.