Do you ever have a moment that puts the whole state of your life into stark relief? Well, I had one this morning. I was sorta feeling a weird creepy-crawly sensation on my arm when I was coming in to work on the bus, and then I had a definite strange twitchy feeling on my back when I was in a meeting first thing. I left the meeting to go to the restroom and my worst fear was true.
I HAD A ROACH INSIDE MY SHIRT. A big one, that somehow got on me as I was getting dressed or was already in my shirt or something. It was crawling on my back, and now it's dead.
How did this become my life? I hate living with roaches! I've been trying lots of different ways to clean up my kitchen and to get rid of them, and I often sport Eau de Raid. But this is ridiculous. I'm gonna go for a full extermination again. But I've got to start saving up some money to be able to move out. I don't know when I'll be able to do it -- spring? The money situation is not great. But I've got to get out of these big high-rise buildings and hopefully to a place where I can get rid of the little critters that haunt me day and night. Ick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
OMG. I commend you for not shrieking in the bathroom. Good luck finding a garden apartment, room in a house, just something a bit... more... roach-free!
Ah, not dissimilar to the time I was sitting in a lecture hall as an undergrad, picking fleas off of myself. Humbling moment, indead.
If you move though, you have to stay on 16th street!
Post a Comment