Sunday, November 27, 2005

A Tasty Blast from the Past

At Thanksgiving, CL asked me for the recipe of a drink I had made at one of her bartending parties a year or so ago. It must have been a great party cuz I didn't even remember doing it! So now, for your drinking pleasure....

The Bushwacker
The Signature Drink of St. Thomas
(or so the bartenders told us spring breakers)

Mix together equal parts:
- Malibu Rum
- Bailey's
- Amaretto
- Kahlua
- Godiva Chocolate Liqueur (Go Diva!)

Blend all of this with ice. It should turn out to have a nice frothy, milkshake-like consistency. Pour into glasses and sprinkle with nutmeg. Drink. Repeat.

I call this the "ultimate girl drink" cuz it tastes like dessert but is actually strong enough to get you quite hammered. Good times.

Hey Brunette, remember that hot bartender who said "Bushwackers are my faaaaaaavorite drink" while showing us, ahem, how well his jeans fit? That's a nice image to pull up from the memory banks! By my calculation that was 8 1/2 years ago...how did that happen???

4 comments:

Brunette said...

And the bartender's name? Mike. Pattern much?

Dumb as a sack of hammers. But so easy on the eyes. This was a truly delicious drink- thanks for the memories!

Stef said...

Ahahaha! I was trying to remember his name, and I knew Rob and Steve (of course) but was drawing a blank. That is so hilarious!

Brunette said...

Close, but it was Rob and *Tim*, the one who appeared to be living the movie "Cocktail."

Stef said...

Oh yes, Tim! Or, as it said in that secret letter, "Timmy" -- God, remember that? We were so bad! :-)