We had a marathon happy hour and dinner at McCormick & Schmick's tonight (the one at Gallery Place, not the awful K Street version where we had the worst service ever on Wednesday) and I actually did it.... I ate the beef! I took a risk on the $1.95 cheeseburger sliders and guess what??? They were delicious!!! So I guess that's it, I'm back on the beef. Bring on the burgers and dogs!
A few other highlights (I'm in a list-y mood today):
1. The happy hour prices can't be beat. $1.95 appetizers and $3.50 beer specials? Priceless!
2. Successful blending of work friends and outside-life friends, hooray!
3. Freakin' delicious seared Ahi tuna over sauteed spinach.
4. The Red Sox went down 0 for 3 for their series, but at least we could agree that the White Sox may be the team in need of a good story this year.
5. C&M brought me back a bottle of Canadian Vigonier - I can't wait to try it!
6. An insightful conversation about appropriate "dibs" policy
7. The bar music included such gems as "What's Love Got to Do With It" and "Lost In Your Eyes" - how often do you get to hear Debbie Gibson at happy hour?
8. Even with the "I want to get hammered" disclaimer, I only sent one semi-buzzed drunk text. See, T, I can control myself! :-)
Now, in honor of the BoSox, I'm watching "Fever Pitch." I hope it's good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
IN the category of, "leming"... I was at a retreat center this weekend... retreat centers aren't generally known for their healthful meals. they had italian beef for lunch. no veggie option of which to speak. It smelled good, i though, Ok, well if M and S are back on the meat, I could do it, right? Yeah, no. not so much for the meat after having to leave my meeting that afternoon because I was sick. Urgh.
-A
Post a Comment