Bah, foiled! I was so excited to check out Independence Air, cuz who doesn't love a cute, cheap option? (Yes, MCB, I realize that was grammatically very close to Sara Lee.) Anyway, I had purchased a very cheap and convenient ticket on Independence Air for my Christmas trip to see the fam in Indiana. I was very pleased that I bought the ticket at the end of August, a few days before Katrina hit and rates started going up. Well, dangit! They called me yesterday to say they were discontinuing their Indianapolis service as of October 31. I can understand, since Indy isn't really a hopping hub for travelers, but still - that was gonna be my way home! They offered to rebook me to Columbus or Chicago, but even the lady on the phone knew that those cities were too far to be convenient. So I will be getting a full refund.
But then I had to find a new flight, and it's more than a month later. So of course, prices have gone up. Even by making my stay a day longer it's still 30 dollars more. And now I have to make connections. No more cute little direct flights. I sure hope there are some good movies out over the holidays, cuz there's not a lot to do in Bloomington for 6 whole days....
But for future reference, the Independence Air customer service folks were super-nice. They just have no love for Indy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I know getting to BWI is a bi-atch, but after paying $350 DCA to l'ville for txgiving, I could not fathom doing it again for mom's surgery... Southwest to the rescue. I had booked $75 each way, then last weekend, super sale... because SW is so awesome, I just refunded and rebooked for TWO flights home between now and Txg for only $10 more... $39 each way. They fly to Indy. just a thought.
Yeah, getting to BWI car-less is a bi-atch. I went the Blue Van route when I flew SW to Vegas from BWI. It was okay getting there, but it took me about 2 hours to get home. Suckiness that I shall not repeat at Christmastime. With all those heightened emotions, why bother? Besides, after my nightmare travel experience last Christmas, I'm glad to go with USAirways, which at least feels familiar enough that I hope to rely on them not to ruin my holiday. Not like that stupid Northwest.
Post a Comment