Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Seasonal Affective Disorder

It's very real. I grew up outside of Syracuse, which ties with Seattle most years on the least number of days of sunshine, and wow do people get depressed for the winter months. I've been struggling this past week, waking up to pitch black at 7 am and then being stuck in gray, gloomy rain all day long. Doesn't it just make you want to crawl into bed? Today I decided to take a few hours off this morning to sleep in and take it easy, and I was so excited to wake up to bright sunshine! Puts me in a better mood right away.

How have you all been handling the dark and gloom? Any good tips? I think we should just adjust our working hours for the whole winter so that no one has to wake up until the sun comes out......

1 comment:

Sharkbait said...

I AM THE SAME WAY!!! Maybe it is a 'Cuse thing! It's awful, Stef I totally understand...man I thought I was the only one like that! (note the weight obviously lifted off my shoulders! lol)

I think exercise really does it for me. Gets the endorphins going which is what I love about the sun.
And if it has been crappy out and the sun is out for a day-I try and get out on my lunch, even for a few minutes. It definately makes a difference and helps.