Thursday, October 20, 2005

So I Feel More Now?

I've always, always, always been an INTJ. I think I first took the test (Myers-Briggs?) in 6th grade and it has always come up INTJ. But I just retook a simplified version of the test and now I come up as an INFJ. A Counselor Idealist - Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging. So now I think less and feel more? Hmmm. Don't know if that's good or not.

Here's what some guy named Joe Butt says:
Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.
INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.
"There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.
INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.
Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.


Gandhi, Jimmy Carter and Eleanor Roosevelt were also INFJ's. Good company.

So what are you?

Thanks to DC Cookie for the idea of taking this test. Check out her blog - it's fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How interesting... I've gone from INFJ to ISFJ. Only a 1% "preference" for the S though. The other characteristics are indicated much more strongly.

I do like that I'm a "Protector Guardian," which sounds like a superhero job description. Do I get an invisible jet with that?
MC "Electra Woman/Dyna Girl" B

Anonymous said...

I've never taken it before, but I am an ENFJ (Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging). J. Butt says we ENFJ's (pronounced en-FUDGE-es) are "the benevolent pedagogues of humanity." Well I'll be damned.

Ross said...

Paulo loves you.

~Paulo

Mandy said...

I can't actually remember much about it, but I'm apparently an ESFJ. When I read the description, I thought it pretty much sounded like me, but yeah - no substantive memory.

Anonymous said...

didn't re-take it with this indicator, but I've always been an ENFJ. Let me tell you, the year I lived with three I-P's was... well, challenging. They didn't call me the "dominatrix of organization" for nothing. I thought "high priestess of planning" was more appropriate.
AS