Friday, October 21, 2005

Reinvention

I'm watching a documentary on Mtv that follows Madonna's tour from last year. It's very similar to Truth or Dare. I can't tell if Guy Ritchie was involved other than being the "funny, on-camera husband" guy. I like that he's a big goofy guy who sings Irish drinking songs. Madge looks fantastic for someone approaching 50. The doc show more of what you could tell from her last album and the tour, that she's totally focused on religion and wants to make a political statement.

I saw this tour -- MH and I successfully negotiated our way into $50 box seats at the MCI Center. It was a great time, one of probably the top 3 or 4 concert experiences of my life. A lot of that was cuz it was just so much fun being in the box with this group of about 20 yuppie-ish gay guys who worshiped Madonna as much as we did. I have no shame in admitting I've loved her all my life. I haven't always liked everything she's done -- like the whole Bedtime Stories album or her forays into *rap* on the last album - but I still love her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are preaching to the choir, girl! I love Madonna with all my heart. You should to go to Madonnalicious and read about how she went to some clubs in NYC last night and danced her ass off with the crowds. Wish I was there!

I really liked the documentary. She seemed so much more fun and reasonable than she was in the 90s, but still a very driven and innovative artist. Love her!