
I went to a great National Geographic Live program tonight, when aerial photographer (and former Yalie lawyer/investment banker) Robert Haas showed images from his new book Through the Eyes of Gods. The photographs and his stories were truly amazing. He was able to reach extremely remote places and capture views of our planet and of the daily struggle of humans and animals like we've never seen before. The color, light, shapes, and shadows in his work were gorgeous. Many of his pictures of geological features actually looked like abstract art rather than photographs of real places.
Thanks, DM, both for giving me the info about this program in the first place and for being my partner in crime tonight. I'm looking forward to the next 4 programs that I have tickets for!
After this program, I am inspired again to come up with a real plan to visit Africa (that Senegal idea for 2007 does seem like it could be a reality) and to keep on working with my own, still very new photographic work. Since I did decide to buy tickets to a number of these programs, and since my life is in a little bit of flux right now, I decided against signing up for CHAW's night photography class in Nov/Dec. I may still change my mind, but either way I need to get back out with my camera and spend some time looking and seeing again. Watch for new stuff!



No comments:
Post a Comment