Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Random Snippets

After going out on a school night with EA, I'm a little buzzed and feeling list-y again. So here goes:

- I once again had Thomas Friedman's new book "The World is Flat" strongly recommended to me. So as soon as I finish my current book, I think I need to pick that one up off my shelf (where it's been since I got my pre-ordered copy from Amazon) and dust it off.
- The corner deli on 8th & D NW (my favorite lunch spot) makes a fan-freakin'-tastic tuna melt, but be sure you've got some breath mints for the rest of the afternoon.
- I had 2 mojitos after work. That's hilarious for those who know my little bro's "exotic" tastes in Bloomington, Indiana. I have to text him every time I drink one!
- We went to the Raku in Dupont Circle for dinner. I'd been to the one in Bethesda before, and I think I like that one better. This location is just so tiny and crowded that the atmosphere is not very relaxing. But the food was good. With EA is my witness, I can honestly say I got full on soup. Or maybe I just got tired of trying to wrangle those slippery noodles.
- I love the 42 bus! Almost as much as I love the S2/S4 buses. I can pick up the 42 just about anywhere in Dupont and be home in about 10 minutes. Excellent!
- To his credit, little bro was dead on. This Freddie Prinze Jr. / Brian Austin Green show is pretty darn bad.

Well, that's all for now. Since I got a little notice under the door saying maintenance is coming in tomorrow to install a new kitchen faucet, I've got some cleaning and clearing of the kitchen to do.

1 comment:

ScottE. said...

I've watched one epi of the George Lopez show...crap...and about 1/2 a minute of Freddie....ugh. Who thought that would be a good lead in to LOST? HELLO!!!!