Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Foiled!

I am not much of a concert person. I don't go to live shows very often, and there's usually only about one concert a year that I have any interest in seeing. For me, it's usually all about the nostalgia acts, cuz I need to have harbored a life-long love in order to shell out the money for a ticket. That explains why my major concert experiences have been Madonna, Depeche Mode, Mr. Neil Diamond, Paul Simon and Bob Dylan, and various 80's Rewind Tours. Plus Barenaked Ladies, TWICE, but that's just a fun time no matter what.

Anyway, like I said, there's probably only about 1 show a year that I want to check out. I was so excited over New Year's when I learned that Bon Jovi would be coming to the MCI Center. Bon Jovi! Oh, I used to have Teen Beat centerfolds of Jon Bon up in my locker. At one time, I knew everything ever printed about him. I knew he shared my brother's birthday, March 2, and I thought it was cool that when I was 13 he was 26. It was love. So I knew that the inner 13-year-old self of mine just HAD to see him in concert.

Today, I was all excited to put the shout out to my gang (there has to be a fellow hair band lover in there somewhere, right???) when I went to the Ticketmaster site to check out the concert details. Dammit!!!!! The concert is February 2!!!! Which doesn't seem like a big deal in and of itself, except.... that's the same night as a major event I'm helping to plan here at work. Dammit!!! So I have to be at work, just a few short blocks away from my adolescent love, while he's singing about Living in Sin on a Bed of Roses. Ack, foiled!!!

3 comments:

ScottE. said...

sucks! In the past I've run into this problem many of times...work related crap getting in the way of enjoying something like a concert or a particular one night only show! sorry you're missing mr. jbj.

I-66 said...

[sigh] fine... I will take this ticket I have and go. I will report back to you my findings.

Stef said...

Great, I-66. I'll look forward to your report and analysis of relevant trends.

(Sorry, just came from a long staff meeting.)

So jealous!!!!