Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Wanna See Some Art?

In keeping with my New Year's resolution to see more of what the city has to offer, I've been checking out the art scene. If you're interested in some free things to do....here are my recommendations for 4 exhibits around town:

Photography:
Juried Photography Show at the Capitol Hill Arts Workshop. This is the show I'm in! It is open until February 3rd.

Time Markers by Bruce McKaig at the District of Columbia Arts Center. This one-man show by my own photography instructor is open January 27 - February 26 right in the heart of Adams Morgan.

The Way We Worked at the National Archives. This is an exhibit of historical photography from the Archives' holdings.

Sculpture:
For something a little different, check out Sculpture Unbound at the Edison Place Gallery in the Pepco Building. That's the exhibit I went to last week - fun stuff!

Has anyone seen anything else to recommend? I'd love to find some new galleries and exhibitions to keep exploring!

No comments: