Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Love Affair Continues

I just had my third meal in as many months at Matchbox, and I still just love that place. Onyah, Reporter Boy, and I went there after checking out another gallery opening (well, to be fair, Reporter Boy skipped the opening to watch the Redskins lose....), and we had a great time.

We were seated in the back booth on the 2nd level, which is the only one oriented to the front of the building versus all the side-to-side tables on the rest of the floor. It was a little claustrophobic getting in and out of the booth - which required not only moving our table but also the one of the couple very closely next to us - but once we were seated it was very comfortable. Onyah felt like we were holding court - like the head of a board meeting or a mafia family.

I allowed myself a single mini burger (always so damn tasty) and then I ordered the full entree-sized Bistro Salad. I've had that salad every time I've been there, and it was a recommendation from my first server. It's a mixed greens salad, with sliced pears and a goat cheese-slathered giant crouton (really like a big biscotti), all covered with a deelish basil vinaigrette. It's one of the best salads I've ever had, and it's been just as good every time. The entree size comes with TWO goat cheese croutons!

And tonight, my love for Matchbox deepened even more. After scanning the wine list, I was thrilled to see that they had a viognier! That's my favorite wine, you know. It was an Alamos viognier from Argentina, and it was super-tasty. The light, fruity wine was a great companion to my light, fruity salad.

Mmmmmmmmmmm.... love me some Matchbox! Has anyone else had any tasty restaurant meals lately? Spill the beans! :-)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Mmm...goat cheese-slathered crouton. You're making my mouth water. The ground meat-and-spices that was grilled on a stick that I had for lunch was tasty, but I don't actually know the name of the restaurant where we eat lunch every day.

But it's not good enough to warrant the journey anyway. (Nothing is *that* good...)