Random, fleeting, fragile and beautiful.... umm, yeah, was just trying to make the title work, I'll stop now. :-)
It's hump day! Actually, the evening of hump day. Time for a few random thoughts:
1. We finished a huge proposal at work today and submitted it. Major, major money that would finish the big project that we've been working on for years. Fingers crossed!
2. I think George Clooney is my new celebrity crush. He's been so unabashedly liberal this year, I just love it. And easy on the eyes... So I start 2006 with a revamped "laminated list" featuring: George Clooney, Eric Bana (also new, due to Munich), Matt Damon, Gary Dourdan, and Bono.
3. I just watched Born Into Brothels. It's very moving, and I loved watching the kids be transformed through their cameras. I am looking forward to hearing all kinds of stories when Brunette and AS return from their 3-week trip to India.
4. I simply can not imagine what I ever did before I got my iPod. Was there life before iPod??? I love it! I am listening to it on all commutes these days. I have noticed that means I'm reading less of the Express and thus am somewhat unaware of the newsbytes that keep us all up to date... but the trade-off is that I get to rock out to and from work!
5. I'm looking for a good spa in the DC area. I want a massage and a facial (my early birthday present to myself), and it needs to be at a place that's Metro-accessible. Any recommendations?
6. I am now living off of Diet Sprite Zero. (Isn't it redundant to have both "diet" and "zero" in the name?) It's so crisp and refreshing, perfect for watching tv in my ridiculously hot apartment, where I can't control the heat. I think if you cut me open my veins would bleed lemon-lime.
7. Eww! Ew Ew Ew! A major "Stand By Me" leech moment on CSI:NY! This show is okay, but not as fun as the original CSI. There's no Gary Dourdan, of course.
8. I saw Match Point the other day. It's a really good movie. The London setting makes it feel very different from most Woody Allen films, and it doesn't have the same sort of rhythm as a lot of his others. But, typical Woody Allen, all the characters live in a rarefied world of gorgeous apartments or country estates, art galleries, the theater, and shabby-chic little getaways. The movie is very suspenseful and takes several turns that I never expected. Good stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Um I vowed to do #5 also tonight!
Even blogged about it!! Great minds think alike.....
If you hear of anyplace good, let me know and vice versa.
Eric Bana is my new crush, too! He was great in Munich and then I saw him at the Golden Globes and he has a non-famous wife that he's been with for over 8 years. Too cute!
Patou Personalized Beauty Care
Main: 202.543.7643
709 D Street SE
Washington, DC 20002
Bernadette for facial
This is where I've gone for my little spa treatments. Bernadette was great, rough, but great. It's been awhile since I've been there, so I don't know if she's still around. This is right near the Radio Shack at Eastern Market.
and PS: life before iPod...doesn't exist! I still read quite a bit when I'm listening to music, it's when I'm listening to the podcasts that I get distracted and my eyes glaze over.
I'd heartily recommend bluemercury in G'town, which isn't exactly metro accessible, but kind of. Paula is the most wonderful, perfect aesthetician EVER. Tons of free samples, and my skin doesn't like anyone else. They do massages as well; I had a great one there with Stefania, but I believe she went to the Four Seasons in G'town. I think anyone there would be good, though.
soul day spa is in my hood.
bout three blocks from the new york avenue metro.. or take the 90 bus from Adams Morgan.
its on florida near north capitol.
I bought myself an iPod Nano for Christmas, and I was instantly hooked. I'm already craving it's big sister.
I've only been to a spa in Alexandria, however, I inquired over the summer and got some recs. All in the comments:
http://crazygirlcity.blogspot.com/2005/07/dc-girls-help-me-find-spa.html
Hi:
I too absolutely loved "Born into Brothels," and posted about it. Then, while reading about what the other bloggers had to say about the movie, I stumbled across your blog.
Interestingly, just a few days ago, I also posted about iTunes . (I know it is not quite an iPod, but it will do for me for now.)
Keep posting,
Ram
Post a Comment