Monday, January 30, 2006

Sunny Monday!

Between a Starbucks trip, a fire drill, and lunch, I have spent the majority of today outside rather than at my desk. Spring fever, baby! Of course, I'm trying not to think about the fact that it's January and not April. I just came back inside from sitting out for a full hour at lunch with no coat on. It's so gorgeous! Motivation, what motivation?

In the interest of further diversion.... a few random tidbits to wrap up the weekend:

1. Cashion's Eat Place was fantastic. I loved the ambience and the service was great and really friendly. I ordered the tomato, white bean and cabbage soup as a starter. It was very light and tasty. Then I fulfilled my weekend-long meat craving (haha) with a pork chop that had an apple sauce and some apple/sweet potato side. It also had sauerkraut on the side but I didn't eat any of that, since I was digging the sweeter taste of the chop and its sauce. I really liked that the food came out in normal portion sizes. I didn't feel guilty eating the whole chop cuz it was really only about 5 oz, I'd guess. Both the District Chophouse and Oceanaire have ridiculously large pork chops, but this one was so much better. I also had 2 glasses of riesling, which were light and delicious. Now head on over to Somewheristan to read Brunette's review of her dinner items. I expect we'll be heading there again soon, since it's a great place to celebrate special occasions.

2. AS and I enjoyed a low-key Saturday night with a simple dinner out and then we came back to my place to watch a movie. It's funny, but I almost never think of just staying in and watching a movie as an option for a social night. I'm totally trained to think "go out - spend money." But this was a nice change - and cheaper! We watched Happy Endings, which just recently came out on DVD. I liked it a lot. It's a quirky comedy with about 5 different main storylines that all end up tying together. Lisa Kudrow, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Tom Arnold (yes, that Tom Arnold) were the main stars, but the whole movie was filled with "oh, look, it's that guy!" moments cuz almost all of the cast was recognizable. I give it 2 enthusiastic thumbs up.

3. One of the funniest chicks I know has started a new blog with her newly-moved-in long term boyfriend. It's all about the quirks and pet peeves they're learning about each other now that they're cohabitating. Funny stuff: http://gregandselena.blogspot.com/

4. Spring fever must really be hitting all of us, cuz already this morning I've had conversations about setting up golf outings and getting Nationals tickets for the summer. I know we're just gonna be crushed when the inevitable February Freeze comes along! Wanna take bets on that darn groundhog this Thursday?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

count me in on national's tickets. i may try to get in with a group at work, but if you're setting something up, let me know!
AS

Sharkbait said...

AHHH i love Nats games.

Cannot wait to get my butt to some baseball games!

I have it too-I have been emailing my softball team to see when we are setting up practices. You can't help but get excited!