Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Oh, For the Love...


I took a quick break from work to check the CNN headlines, and what did I find? Oh, please, do they really need to do another movie remake of a tv show??? Weren't Starsky & Hutch and The Dukes of Hazzard enough? I know Miami Vice is coming out soon and C.H.I.P.S. is in the works. But did they have to go so far as Magnum P.I.? The one show that every 80's mom watched religiously, due to their mom-lust for Tom Selleck? *Shudder* They couldn't possibly find a young actor who could live up to his mustachioed/flip-flopped/Hawaiian-shirted/Ferrari-driving glory. So why try?

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Everything old is new again. Same thing with making classic books into movies. Are we so sapped out on creativity that we have to rob from the creative genius of our past.

As long as there's no Knight Rider remake. I can't take that obnoxious car.

GreenCanary said...

I fear that the problem is that people are boring. No creativity. We tapped ourselves out as a nation with the genius of The Muppet Show and Press Your Luck and no there be no more water in our Smartypants Pool :(

Washington Cube said...

Why try, indeed. Is this on in re-runs anywhere?

Stef said...

I'm glad everyone else shares the same feelings. I'd love to see a summer season go by with new, original stories, instead of blockbuster remakes and sequel number 7 of some action movie. Sure, I'll go see some of those just to have something fun to do over weekends, but I won't like it!

And seriously, who could play a modern Magnum PI? There aren't many people who fit that profile - grizzled former vet, sex symbol, and slacker?

Mandy said...

This makes me so very sad. If you want to relive the glory days of Magnum, PI, it is now out on DVD, kids. No need to bastardize the original!